Monday, October 10, 2011

6 months, 20 days later

What a difference half a year makes.  The house is gone.  The kids are gone.  My life is very different but I am making an effort to move forward and be happy.
I live in Baraboo, WI now.  Very different, but different can be very good.
I have love in my life, true love.  A man who appreciates all the good in me and overlooks my flaws, which we all know aren't insignificant.  I am with someone who I have so much in common with.  He is gentle.  He is kind to everyone.  He cries at sad movies.  He never says anything hurtful and makes it a joke.  I am at peace with him.
I miss Sophie daily... but I have no control over that situation at all.  All I know is that I am so much better having no contact with Jim, even if that means no contact with Sophie.
I miss Nic daily too, but Nic is Nic and loves me in spite of my mistakes.  He wants to come home and I want him home but that is out of my control as well.

No comments: